(Thank you to one of our favorite patients, Levita Lingo, for this recipe)
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups grated coconut
- Set pecans, coconut and vanilla off to the side.
- Mix sugar, evaporated milk, corn syrup and butter in large saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add pecans, coconut and vanilla.
- Stir for about 4 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoon or tablespoon (whichever desired size) onto wax paper, will be hot so use two spoons.
- After they cool, store in a sealed container (if there are any left to put away)
Suggestion: Substitute 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (pancake syrup works fine) for 1 tablespoon of corn syrup or a teaspoon of maple flavoring.